Ingredients30 m servings 485 cals
- Heat vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan over low heat.
- Pour hot water into a bowl. Break matzoh sheets into small chunks and soak in hot water, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt in a separate bowl.
- Strain matzoh and shake to remove excess water; stir matzoh into egg mixture.
- Pour the heated oil out of non-stick frying pan; place 1/2 tablespoon butter in hot pan.
- Pour matzoh and egg mixture into hot butter; cover and cook until a 'pancake' forms, about 10 minutes.
- Slide matzoh 'pancake' onto a plate.
- Place remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter in hot pan.
- Place a second plate over matzoh 'pancake' and flip plates over so the uncooked side is on the bottom.
- Lie matzoh 'pancake' in melted butter; cover pan and cook until bottom of pancake is browned, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and season with kosher salt.
Per Serving: 485 calories; 23.7 g fat; 48.8 g carbohydrates; 18.7 g protein; 403 mg cholesterol; 876 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This sounded like an original idea for breakfast so I thought I'd give it a try. It sounded a little bland for us so I added some sauteed onion and some cheese and more salt and pepper. Even wi...
I only had onion matzoh. Added a pinch of onion powder to the egg mixture. Served them sprinkled with a little ground black pepper and sour cream. Yummy.
This is very good. I added 1/2 banana when I put the mixture into the fry pan. Probably should have added it just before. My timing was off a bit. Be sure to use a non-stick pan. The butter ...