Ingredients30 m servings 351
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange matzo to fit into pan; break boards if necessary.
- Combine butter and brown sugar together in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until boiling; boil for about 3 minutes.
- Pour butter mixture evenly over matzo.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and immediately reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) if the matzo are smoking too much.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and sprinkle matzo with chocolate chips. Let stand to melt chocolate, 5 minutes.
- Spread the melted chocolate over matzo. Place in refrigerator until chilled and set. Break into pieces when cooled.
- Cook's Note:
- Add sliced almonds or the sprinkles after the chocolate melts on the warm matzo. You can also do this with white chocolate or add white and regular chips at the same time and swirl them. Be creative!!
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 351 calories; 22.2 39.1 1.9 49 138 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This recipe was a total surprise for me. I have made chocolate covered matzoh for years, but not with this type of recipe. Mine was plain old matzoh, coated with chocolate. This is more of a ...
Identical to the recipe I made years ago but this is enough for an entire box of matzoh, not just 4 boards. Also, try sprinkling vietnamese cinnamon on the buttered boards before adding the cho...
So easy! Took less than 20 minutes. Love this recipe! Had tons of matzoh I got free from market - what do you do with Matzoh (not being Jewish?). Popped back in oven to melt chocolate quicker....
So yummy! Super easy! Next time I might top with chopped almonds.