Ingredients2 h servings 490
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a fluted tube pan (such as a Bundt(R)).
- Place cake mix into a large mixing bowl. Beat in pumpkin, 3/4 cup brown sugar, vegetable oil, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg with an electric mixer until cake mix is moistened, about 1 minute. Beat in eggs; continue beating batter for 2 more minutes. Pour batter into prepared tube pan.
- Melt butter with 1/2 cup brown sugar in a saucepan over low heat until brown sugar has dissolved; stir in pecans. Spoon half the pecan mixture over the cake batter.
- Bake cake in the preheated oven until lightly browned at the edges and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 to 20 minutes, then invert cake onto serving platter. Allow cake to cool completely before drizzling the remaining half of the pecan topping over the cake.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 490 calories; 26.9 59.9 4.9 83 450 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
I only made one change--instead of vegetable oil in the cake part of this recipe, I used softened butter. Halfway through baking, I did cover my cake with a wedge of foil so it would not burn on...
I had some extra pumpkin to use, so I figured this would be great. I didn't read the directions well and almost doubled the pumpkin needed though! I had almost all of a can of large pumpkin pie ...
I made this as submitted except I baked in 9x13" because I don't have a Bundt pan. I put all of the glaze topping over the top of the cake after it had cooled. Thank you for sharing Stephanie, i...
Great Hit! Made this to take to funeral, nothing left over. Only had 1/2C pumpkin left over from another recipe, used that & 1C. pumpkin pie filling. Didn't use much of the topping on bottom of ...
This is delicious and easy. It was very moist. My family devoured it in two days. I didn't make any changes to it and it came out perfectly. What's weird is the picture next to the recipe looks...
Oh so very yummy and moist. Served it with whipped cream and friends said it tasted just like pumpkin pie in cake form. Just be sure to let the brown sugar dissolve into the butter completely. ...