Kara's Summer Salad
Ingredients55 m servings 483 cals
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes; drain.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook edamame in boiling water for 10 minutes; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Stir mayonnaise, celery seed, paprika, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Toss macaroni, edamame, chicken, eggs, sunflower seed kernels, Cheddar cheese, and green onion in a bowl; add mayonnaise mixture and stir to coat.
- Chill in refrigerator until cold, 30 to 60 minutes.
Per Serving: 483 calories; 19.5 g fat; 47.1 g carbohydrates; 29.1 g protein; 150 mg cholesterol; 504 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This was really good! I did have to add a little more mayo (the warm pasta soaked it up), and omitted the hardboiled eggs (my husband doesn't like them) and the green onions. I added 1/4 tsp gar...
My son thought it had a delicious flavor and he is hard to please. This was our first time trying edamame and it is surprisingly good. Thanks for a great recipe.
I make this all of the time, just not with the edamame. If we want it as a full meal I make it with grilled, diced chicken but more times than not, I use this as a standard macaroni salad and o...