Beer Batter Cauliflower
Ingredients40 m servings 168
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Heat 1 quart vegetable oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Whisk beer, egg yolk, and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a small bowl.
- Pour beer mixture into flour mixture; stir to form a batter.
- Beat egg whites until foamy in a large glass or metal mixing bowl; continue to beat until medium peaks form. The tip of the peak formed by the egg whites should curl over slightly when you lift the whisk or beat straight up.
- Fold egg whites into batter, a few tablespoons at a time.
- Toss cauliflower in the batter until fully coated.
- Deep fry small batches of battered cauliflower in the hot oil until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined oven-proof plate. Keep warm in the preheated oven.
Per Serving: 168 calories; 9.9 14.3 4.2 36 246 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was by far the best fried cauliflower i ever had. Granted it is a lot of steps but all the beat things are. This is the only recipe i make for battered veggies i even use it for zucchini, b...
This batter is a lot of work and it just didn't work. Getting it to stick to the cauliflower even before we fried it was difficult and my cauliflower was completely dry. It was too runny and gr...
Best beer batter recipe that I have tried. Great flavor and adhered well to the cauliflower. Followed recipe exactly. Will definitely make again.