Moist and Lemony Coconut Cake
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 512 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9-inch cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9-inch round baking pan.
- Place self-rising flour, superfine sugar, and 1/2 cup butter in a food processor; pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs, about 20 seconds.
- Place eggs, milk, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons lemon zest in the food processor, and pulse until batter is just mixed, about 10 seconds more.
- Transfer batter to a large bowl; fold 1 cup coconut into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan, smoothing the surface of the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat 1/4 cup butter with an electric mixer in a bowl until light and creamy.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, coconut milk powder, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons lemon zest until frosting is smooth.
- Spread frosting over completely cooked cake.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup coconut atop frosted cake.
Per Serving: 512 calories; 22.6 g fat; 73.5 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 104 mg cholesterol; 309 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2