Ingredients55 m servings 537 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour three round 9-inch baking pans.
- Sift flour, 2 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl; cut shortening into flour mixture until fine crumbs are formed.
- Beat egg whites, milk, strawberry syrup, and vanilla extract into flour mixture with an electric mixer on low for 1 minute; increase to high until smooth and blended, about 2 more minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl frequently.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl; heat on High in microwave until melted, about 1 minute. Stir chocolate until smooth.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on High until combined, 1 minute; stir chocolate into mixture until well mixed.
- Gently fold whipped topping, pudding mix, and chocolate sandwich cookies into cream cheese mixture to form the filling.
- Spread about 1/3 filling on top of one cake. Place second cake atop filling layer. Repeat with a filling layer, the third cake, and a final layer of filling on top.
Per Serving: 537 calories; 24.3 g fat; 74.7 g carbohydrates; 6.8 g protein; 32 mg cholesterol; 483 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made this exactly as stated in the recipe. I'm sorry it wasn't for us - it turned out dry and we didn't care for the flavor.
Just did not go together well and the cake did not have a great texture. I may of overcooked it.....but if it was it did not help that the frosting was no to my likeing