Mint Julep - Party-Size
Ingredients4 h 20 m servings 207 cals
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a saucepan and stir in sugar until dissolved. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and boil the syrup until it becomes clear, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir 1 cup mint leaves into the simple syrup and allow to cool thoroughly. Pour syrup and mint leaves into a container with a lid. Mix in 1 more cup mint leaves, cover, and refrigerate mint syrup at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Pour whiskey and chilled mint syrup into a large cooler or drink dispenser.
- To serve, fill 10-ounce glasses with ice and dispense 2 to 4 ounces mint julep mixture into each glass. Top with ice water and 1 or 2 mint leaves per cocktail and stir.
- Cook's Note:
- Make double the amount of simple syrup, using 6 cups water and 6 cups sugar; add more syrup to taste to whiskey for a sweeter cocktail, if desired.
Per Serving: 207 calories; 0 g fat; 9.4 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 3 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
We made these for a Derby party and they turned out great! Here is the mixture I used: 4 1/2 cups sugar, 4 1/2 cups water for the simple syrup. When i put it together, i used a 1.75 liter of Ke...
It is perfect--we followed the "cook's note" and used 6 cups of water and sugar for the simple syrup.
This recipe is close - I made 6 cups of the simple syrup, based on the comments. I thought it was too sweet with that amount, although the original 3 cups was not sweet enough. As you keep t...