Ingredients40 m servings 750 cals
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the fusilli at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes; drain. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil into drained pasta; stir to coat.
- Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the fiddlehead ferns at a boil until tender, 3 to 5 minutes; drain. Rinse the fiddleheads in cold water to stop from further cooking; drain.
- Cook bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble the bacon once cool enough to handle.
- Toss the pasta, fiddlehead ferns, crumbled bacon, and cucumber together in a large bowl.
- Combine sun-dried tomatoes, egg yolk, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and garlic in a bowl. Stream about 1/3 of the vegetable oil into the mixture while whisking vigorously until the mixture begins to emulsify. Stream the remainder of the olive oil into the dressing while whisking; season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing onto the pasta mixture; stir to coat.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe contains raw eggs. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw eggs.
Per Serving: 750 calories; 27.7 g fat; 107.3 g carbohydrates; 22.1 g protein; 29 mg cholesterol; 224 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Delicious! I added cherry tomatoes (since I had some on hand) and extra garlic (since we love garlic.) This would be great at a BBQ or potluck. Yum!
This was a perfect summer dinner on a very hot day! We served with cheesy garlic bread and was very satisfying. The dressing was amazing! The only change I made was to add a lot more bacon becau...