Ingredients4 h 35 m servings 549 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar, shortening, 2 eggs, baking powder, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and salt together in a bowl until dough comes together.
- Press dough into a 9-inch pie dish, reserving about 1 tablespoon of dough for topping.
- Beat ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth; pour cheese filling into prepared pie dish.
- Divide reserved dough into 3 balls. Flatten balls and arrange atop pie filling.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of sugar over pie, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is golden brown and filling begins to firm, about 75 minutes.
- Chill pie in refrigerator until fully firm, about 3 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- The pie is not firm when removed from oven but will firm up after chilling for a few hours.
Per Serving: 549 calories; 24.6 g fat; 62.3 g carbohydrates; 19.3 g protein; 128 mg cholesterol; 560 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
...this was just like my Italian grandmother's recipe...now we change it a bit with 8 oz ricotta and 8 oz of mascarpone...and then put about 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips in the pie too. We a...
I made this as written no changes. It was a hit at my house! The next time I make it I will just cut out a shape in the remaining dough and set it in the center. Without a picture I didn't k...
Lovely pie. I added half of the ricotta as specified as ididnt have enough in the fridge but it came out perfect.