Honey Skirt Steak Appetizer with Horsey Sauce
Ingredients8 h 25 m servings 110
- Pound skirt steak briefly on each side with the textured side of a meat mallet.
- Cut a piece of parchment twice as long as the skirt steak; place steak on top half of the paper. Rub top of steak with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; drizzle 1 tablespoon honey in an S-shaped line down the top of the steak.
- Fold bottom of the parchment paper up over the steak; flip steak over and peel the parchment paper from the unseasoned side of steak. Repeat seasoning with remaining 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and 1 more tablespoon honey.
- Fold parchment paper tightly around steak, folding the edges over several times so honey can't leak out. Place wrapped steak in a resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Lay steak on the hot grill; grill for 1 minute, then use tongs to flip steak and move to another area of the hot grate. Continue flipping and moving the steak at 1-minute intervals until the steak is very well seared on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes in all. Inside of meat should still be pink.
- Remove steak and wrap in aluminum foil; let rest 5 to 10 minutes before cutting the steak diagonally across the grain into 1/2-inch strips.
- Mix horseradish, mayonnaise, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl; serve as dipping sauce with steak.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 110 calories; 6.3 8.2 5.6 12 997 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I had never tasted a steak that was anything like this before. It still has strong steak flavor but the ingredients that go with it just don't make it amazing. I wasn't a fan but my husband love...
Mixed reviews. It was ok. Had sort of a strange flavor. Not as sweet as I woulda thought. The marinade stayed inside the parchment nicely. The steak took a while to trim. I did not make the hors...