Rockin' Good Smashed Cauliflower with Garlic
cookin' social worker
Ingredients35 m servings 134
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cover and bring the water to a boil. Place cauliflower and garlic in steamer and steam until soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove garlic cloves and smash with a fork; place smashed garlic with cauliflower into a pot.
- Smash butter and chives into cauliflower and garlic with a fork or potato masher until smooth.
- Stir light cream into smashed cauliflower mixture.
- Sprinkle Parmesan-Reggiano cheese onto cauliflower mixture; season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook the cauliflower mixture over low heat to absorb the cream and melt the butter, about 12 minutes.
Per Serving: 134 calories; 11 7 3.9 29 132 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 24
This was easy and delish! ...especially considering I wasn't overly precise on the measurements of the ingredients. I used fresh cauliflower instead of frozen and parmesan cheese in place of the...
Of all the variations of “fake mashed potatoes” cauliflower recipes I’ve tried, this is one of the best. Most are good but most aren’t quite as sturdy as you’d want your “mashed potatoes” to be...
Wow! As a diabetic, I've been looking for something like this. The only thing I did different was to whip it up w/ a hand mixer. It was nice and fluffy. This is a versatile method for caulif...
My son does not eat vegetables and he ate these "imitation mashed potatoes".
Easy to make! My husband and 18 yr old daughter loved them, she even thought they were mashed potatoes. I used fresh cauliflower and fresh grated parmesan cheese. Will make again!
Yummy! My son is a wrestler and only eats low carb during the season so I'm always looking for good side dishes to replace the usual potatoes or rice. This was perfect! I used fresh cauliflow...
I did a few things differently, but it was great! I used a fresh head of cauliflower and steamed it until very soft. While the cauliflower was steaming I sautéed three smashed garlic cloves in a...
This recipe is awesome. I used roasted garlic, half n half instead of light cream, and I halved the amount of bitter... It tasted amazing.