Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 393 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Cut a 12-inch long piece of waxed paper and set aside.
- Place crushed matzo sheets in a bowl. Sprinkle with red wine and water; mix well.
- Melt chocolate chips and sugar in a pot over low heat, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Thin with a spoonful of water if it becomes too thick. Remove from heat.
- Beat butter in a separate bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually beat chocolate mixture into butter until well blended.
- Stir matzo mixture into chocolate-butter mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Pour mixture lengthwise on prepared waxed paper.
- Fold waxed paper around mixture to shape into a log. Fold paper at ends to enclose the roll.
- Freeze the roll until solid, at least 2 hours. Cut into slices.
Per Serving: 393 calories; 28.3 g fat; 32.7 g carbohydrates; 2.9 g protein; 61 mg cholesterol; 166 mg sodium. Full nutrition