Ingredients50 m servings 873 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut a 1-inch thick slice from the top of round bread loaf; hollow out the loaf to use as a bread bowl. Slice the cut-off top of the loaf into cubes for dipping.
- Combine cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, ham, green onion, and chives in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave on high power for about 15 seconds to warm ingredients for easier stirring.
- Spoon cheese mixture into prepared bread bowl; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake filled bread bowl in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until bread bowl is toasted and dip is bubbling, about 30 minutes. Serve with Italian bread cubes for dipping.
- Editor's note:
- Keep the insides of the bread bowl for extra dipping bread or croutons.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 873 calories; 38.2 g fat; 95.5 g carbohydrates; 34.9 g protein; 99 mg cholesterol; 1871 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I used reduced fat cream cheese and I did add some Frank's Hot Sauce and fresh ground pepper. My husband thought this was a little bland. Next time I will double the onions and chives. Other tha...
Super easy to make, delicious to eat! Very, very yummy :) I tend to eyeball measurements, so probably more cheese than required. I did initially loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil, then ...
I used the recipe for the filling as a dip with tortilla chips. I added chopped celery and baked in a glass pan for 30 minutes at 350. This was a great way to use up leftover ham.
This was a hit at a casual dinner party at our house last night. I prepped the dip the night before and stored in the frig until time to bake. I had a hard time finding a round loaf of bread f...