Harvest Noodle Pudding - Fruit Kugel
"An old-time noodle custard dessert recipe with a bit of a modern twist. Layered egg noodles with apples, pears and dried cranberries baked in sweet custard. It has a warm grandmotherly taste and feeling to it. Simple yet rich in flavor with little effort in preparation sure to please many in the autumn. It takes advantage of apples and pears harvested in the fall along with tangy sweet dried cranberries."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 228
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish with melted butter.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Mix the apple and pear with lemon juice in a bowl; set aside.
- Beat milk, eggs, applesauce, white sugar, light brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl until just combined.
- Stir cranberries, egg noodles, and apple mixture into the egg mixture; pour in prepared baking dish and cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake noodle pudding in preheated oven until set, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and return pudding to oven to bake until browned, about 10 minutes more; cool to room temperature or serve chilled.
You might also like
Per Serving: 228 calories; 8.3 33.9 6 117 118 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Absolutely delicious! Wish I had doubled the recipe. Son would not eat the cranberries saying raisins would be better. Either way very tasty as the flavor of the custard is what makes the dish.