Mom's Apricot Nectar Cake
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 381
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x13-inch cake pan.
- Mix lemon cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Stir apricot nectar into the batter and mix well.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cake is lightly browned at the edges and the top springs back when lightly pressed, about 30 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the cake should come out clean or with moist crumbs. Check for doneness after 20 minutes.
- Cool cake completely.
- Mix confectioners' sugar with lemon juice, mixing juice in about 1 tablespoon at a time, until the frosting is fluid and easy to spread. Frosting should run slightly but not be a thin runny glaze.
- Spread frosting on cooled cake and sprinkle with lemon zest to serve.
Per Serving: 381 calories; 15.9 56.4 4.8 73 333 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This cake was originally introduced by the DH company when they came out with the lemon cake mix. My mother was working in a grocery store at the time and the rep was handing out recipes. We...
My Mom made this recipe for years, but she baked her cake in a Bundt pan. It's easy to make and very moist and delicious. I've been wanting to make it for a long time, but can't find the apricot...