Schiacciata alla Fiorentina or Italian Easter Cake
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 165
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with butter.
- Mix flour, sugar, milk, olive oil, orange juice, orange zest, eggs, baking powder, vanilla extract, and nutmeg in a large bowl until batter is well combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool before serving.
- When cooled, drizzle cake with Avon's Warm Orange Sauce and serve!
Per Serving: 165 calories; 4.6 28.2 2.9 25 159 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
The crumb on this cake is just as described by the author of it. This is an especially perfect cake for those who don't like things really sweet. This was made with oranges picked right off th...
This is a classic! I held true to the ingredients but changed method just a bit. I creamed the oil, sugar, and eggs then added the other ingredients leaving the flour for last. My 14 year old da...
Made this just now. Came out pretty good. I baked it in a loaf pan so had to cook it for a longer period. About 45 minutes. My husband loved it!!
I made it exactly as instructed. The cake was pretty and tasty, but I wanted a bit more orange taste so glazed it with a simple orange glaze. May try putting more OJ in the batter next time.