Chocolate Mousse Bunny Cake
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 15 m servings 511 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 bunny cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 10-inch round cake pan and dust with unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Stir cake mix, 1 1/4 cup water, vegetable oil, and eggs in a large bowl until moistened. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until batter is smooth, 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cake top springs back when lightly pressed and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Place a stainless steel bowl and beaters in refrigerator until chilled, at least 20 minutes.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes before removing to finish cooling completely.
- Place unsweetened baking chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and heat in microwave on high power until chocolate is slightly warmed, about 1 minute. Continue to heat chocolate in 20-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is melted and free of lumps.
- Stir melted chocolate with sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl until thoroughly combined; whisk in 1/4 cup water and instant chocolate pudding mix until thickened and smooth, about 1 minute. Cover bowl and chill pudding mixture until cold, at least 30 minutes.
- Whip cream in the chilled stainless steel bowl with chilled beaters until the cream holds stiff peaks, about 2 minutes. If necessary, use a cloth to touch the steel bowl to avoid warming the bowl.
- Remove chocolate pudding mixture from refrigerator and stir until smooth; gently fold whipped cream into pudding mixture to make a fluffy chocolate frosting.
- To assemble the cake, cut the cake into 2 equal halves and place the halves together on a cake serving platter with the cut sides down, and rounded sides up. If needed, glue the two cake halves together with a smear of frosting.
- Cut a small wedge out of the edge of the cake halves about 1/3 of the way up to form a head.
- Attach the cut-out wedge with toothpicks to the bottom of the cake opposite the head to make a tail.
- Generously frost the cake with the chocolate cream frosting.
- Sprinkle the whole cake with grated chocolate for fur. Place jelly beans on front of head to make eyes and nose.
- Cut 2 large ear shapes from brown construction paper. Cut 2 smaller ear shapes from pink construction paper for the insides of the ears. Fold together to make the ears and insert into top of the head.
- Refrigerate the cake until ready to serve.
Per Serving: 511 calories; 27.2 g fat; 60.7 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 94 mg cholesterol; 518 mg sodium. Full nutrition