Ingredients45 m servings 329 cals
- Combine chickpeas, 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs, red potato, red onion, garlic, egg, 1 tablespoon olive oil, cilantro, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, cumin, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Form mixture into 2-inch patties. Place 1/4 cup panko crumbs in a shallow bowl. Gently press patties into the crumbs to coat.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry patties in the hot oil until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Set patties aside.
- Stir yogurt, dill, lemon juice, garlic salt, and white pepper together in a bowl. Serve sauce drizzled over falafels.
Per Serving: 329 calories; 13 g fat; 48.5 g carbohydrates; 12.4 g protein; 50 mg cholesterol; 780 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 34
this is a fantastic receipe.even my potato loving husband liked it. i add fresh chopped mint and dry mango powder to the beans mixture for added flavor.
Excellent recipe!! I have made falafels from a different recipe and even from a box, but these were the best!! My introduction to Falafels were in a restaurant--inside a soft tortilla-like shel...
Great way to get some fiber in my family without them knowing what it was made from. I was able to make early in AM and reheat on baking stone and they were just as good as when I took them out ...
I actually made a Tahini sauce for it instead. 4 tbsp Tahini (shake jar first) 1 clove garlic, crushed 4 tsp fresh lemon juice 1 tsp olive oil water to thin it to liking super yummy
Great recipe will make again and again! My daughter loves them! First time I've had a falafel! Loved it! Thank for a great recipe!
Good! Kids all ate the falafels straight up without the tzatziki sauce, and adults wrapped them up in naan bread with lettuce and tomatoes. Yum!
Easy to make and a great way to clear the pantry of those year-old cans of Goya Chick Peas! Awesome taste and will definitely make again. Felt it was a little light on the garlic and will add ...