Cajun Meatless Red Beans and Brown Rice
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 17 m servings 350 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine 3 3/4 cups water and brown rice in a rice cooker. Close and lock lid. Cook according to manufacturer's instructions, about 30 minutes.
- Combine red beans, onion, canola oil, garlic, parsley, chicken stock concentrate, basil, thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper, Creole seasoning, and bay leaves in a stovetop pressure cooker. Add enough water to cover.
- Close cooker securely and place pressure regulator over vent according to manufacturer's instructions. Cook at high pressure for 22 minutes. Let pressure release naturally according to manufacturer's instructions; unlock lid and remove. Discard bay leaves.
- Serve red beans with brown rice.
- Cook's Notes:
- I'm a Louisiana native and part Cajun, so even though it's not too spicy for me it might be too spicy for you! If you're not sure, I'd reduce the cayenne pepper to 1/8 teaspoon. You can always add more later.
- Substitute 1/2 teaspoon dried basil for the fresh basil if preferred.
Per Serving: 350 calories; 3.3 g fat; 64.7 g carbohydrates; 16.6 g protein; < 1 mg cholesterol; 132 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1