Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 285 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Combine flour, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder in a resealable plastic bag; shake to mix. Add beef a few pieces at a time and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef and brown on both sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer beef to a baking pan and keep warm.
- Saute onion in the beef drippings in the Dutch oven; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in cream of chicken soup, beef broth, water, and pepper. Bring gravy to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Pour gravy over beef in the baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 2 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- You can also cook this in pressure cooker for 50 minutes.
Per Serving: 285 calories; 15.2 g fat; 10.7 g carbohydrates; 25.1 g protein; 63 mg cholesterol; 381 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
As the submitter suggested I made this in an Instant Pot® and the 50 minutes was spot on. I used the entire can of broth instead of adding the water. I couldn't wrap my head around the chicken s...
The Round Steak was tender and juicy and the gravy was delicious! Wish I had taken a picture of it so I could have posted it!