Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 126
- Soak raisins in Chardonnay white wine in a bowl until plump, about 1 hour.
- Drain and reserve any remaining liquid from the plumped raisins.
- Mix carrots, mayonnaise, and chives together in a large bowl.
- Fold plumped raisins into carrot mixture.
- Mix reserved soaking liquid into the salad a tablespoon at a time until desired texture is achieved.
- Cook's Note:
- Heating the raisins and Chardonnay 1 minute in the microwave will boil off most alcohol and accelerate the softening of the raisins.
Per Serving: 126 calories; 7.4 11.7 0.8 3 80 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I shredded the carrots and used the green part of scallions rather than chives. The flavors didn't really work together for us as well as I'd thought they would. It did make for a unique side ...
A very good flavor using the chardonnay wine and the only changes I made was plumping the raisins approximately 2 hours and I added a little sugar. The taste was so good, I am making it again an...
Great riff on a classic. Added celery and used regular (stale) raisins - white wine helped with the stale issue and is a great idea all around.