Big D's Mushroom and Cheese-Stuffed Venison Loaf
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 421 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix ground venison, onion, stuffing mix, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, vegetable juice cocktail, and yellow mustard in a large bowl with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Place half the venison mixture into a 9x11-inch casserole dish; pat the meat mixture into an even layer.
- Spread morel mushrooms over meat; top with Cheddar cheese slices.
- Spread remaining half of venison mixture over cheese slices; pat down to form an even layer and press the edges together to seal in the mushrooms and cheese.
- Arrange bacon slices over the meatloaf; spread barbeque sauce evenly over the loaf. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the meatloaf is browned and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the loaf reads 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Drain excess grease and allow loaf to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- May freeze up to 3 months, or longer if vacuum-sealed.
Per Serving: 421 calories; 17 g fat; 27.7 g carbohydrates; 36.6 g protein; 164 mg cholesterol; 1041 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 23
Loved this meatloaf recipe. I use a pound of ground venison and a pound of ground sausagee. Don't know how many oz. of morels, just lined the whole loaf with morels. This will be great withou...
I thought this was a great recipe and very flavorful. Will definitely make again. I made exactly as directed except I used beef and I didn't have bacon so used prosciutto in its place. Very hap...
Loved this! Didn't change a thing and it was absolutely delicious. Thanks for the recipe!
Omg, so delicious. Not the healthiest dish I've cooked, but still so yummy. Only thing I didn't include was the vegetable juice because I didn't have any. I was worried it would be too dry, so I...
I've never cooked with venison before, but chose this recipe when a friend dropped some off to share. This is now requested more often than my meatloaf ever was, a new family favorite
Loved the stuffing! I made this without the bacon and mushrooms and it was real good. Can't wait to try it with ALL the ingredients!
I did everything the recipe called for but don't have morels down here so swapped them with fresh white caps plus 1/2 cup of bell pepper. Came out great. Baby Ray's topped it off. I made the mis...
Amazing recipe! Venison, bacon, cheese, mushrooms and barbeque sauce...how could it not be wonderful! I didn't have morel mushrooms, so I used baby bellas. I also used "butcher's cut" thick ba...