Stuffed Morel Mushrooms
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 117
Original recipe yields 12 servings (6 large stuffed mushrooms)
- Gently clean whole morel mushrooms of dirt and grit; place mushrooms, stem sides down, in a colander and drain for about 5 minutes.
- Trim bottoms of the hollow stems, so the hole is big enough for filling.
- Mix cream cheese, crabmeat, and green onion in a bowl until evenly combined.
- Spoon mixture into a heavy resealable plastic bag. Force the cream cheese mixture into a corner of the bag. Cut a small snip off the corner of the bag.
- Insert cut tip of the plastic bag into the hollow stem of each mushroom and fill the mushrooms with the cream cheese mixture.
- Place dry breading mix in a shallow bowl. Roll the stuffed mushrooms in the dry mix; tap off excess breading.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Deep-fry the stuffed mushrooms until the breading is golden brown and the mushrooms are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Allow to drain on paper towels.
- Cook's Note:
- Bread the mushrooms with dry breading mix or wet breading, your choice.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading mix and oil. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 117 calories; 10.2 4.1 2.5 22 193 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1