Patsy's Half-Baked Blueberry Pie
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 455
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Press pie crust dough into a pie pan. Poke small holes into dough with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Place cream cheese in a small microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave on High to soften, about 20 seconds.
- Spread softened cream cheese in the bottom of cooled crust.
- Layer 2 1/2 cups blueberries over the cream cheese.
- Whisk cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl until dissolved.
- Stir cornstarch mixture, 2 1/2 cups blueberries, sugar, and lemon zest in a saucepan over medium heat; simmer until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour the thickened blueberry mixture over the raw blueberries in the pie crust and spread evenly.
- Cool pie in refrigerator until set, at least 1 hour.
- Cook's note:
- With strawberries and whipped cream it makes a beautiful red, white and blue dessert for Independence Day, which is coincidentally when both fruits are in season.
Per Serving: 455 calories; 21.4 63.4 4.7 15 297 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was pretty good. I made it with frozen blueberries, but followed the recipe exactly otherwise. After about two hours in the fridge, it hadn't gelled much, but it was slightly more gelled th...
I made this pie using fresh picked wild blueberries, it was amazing!
The combination of fresh, uncooked berries on the bottom covered by the fresh blueberry sauce poured over the top makes the blueberry flavor pop! Delicious!