Crunchy and Delicious Granola
Ingredients50 m servings 272 cals
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine oatmeal, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, flax seeds, wheat germ, chopped dried cherries, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Mix applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Pour applesauce mixture over the oatmeal mixture; mix until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets; smooth into a single thin layer.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes, stir gently to turn, and continue cooking until crisp and golden brown, another 15 to 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 272 calories; 9.4 g fat; 40 g carbohydrates; 7.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 124 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I submitted this recipe. AR changed my ingredient list, but you should use raw, unsalted seeds and you should have no problems with saltiness of this granola. Also, I always do a combination o...
Not as crunchy as I hoped. I did use no salt raw sunflower and pumpkin seeds. I also upped the flax seeds and the wheat germ to 1/4 each. Upped the cinnamon to almost a tablespoon, kinda chewy f...
I would suggest buying unsalted seeds if you can. Just made this and it was way too salty. I had to add brown sugar after the fact, but still too salty. Next time I will know better.