Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 292 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (10 cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Set ice cream cones upright in 10 muffin cups.
- Whisk flour, white sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat; stir in water and cocoa powder until thoroughly combined.
- Stir melted butter mixture into flour mixture. Stir in eggs, buttermilk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until the batter is moistened.
- Beat batter with an electric mixer on medium speed until thoroughly combined, about 1 minute.
- Spoon chocolate cake batter into ice cream cones, leaving about 1 inch of space at the top.
- Bake immediately in the preheated oven (to avoid cones becoming soggy) until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cake center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Let cupcakes cool thoroughly, about 1 hour.
- Beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Frost cupcakes with the cream cheese frosting.
Per Serving: 292 calories; 13.4 g fat; 39.9 g carbohydrates; 3.9 g protein; 70 mg cholesterol; 236 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
THIS RECIPE ROCKS !! HANDS DOWN DELISH !! Light, fluffy,so amazingly good. ! No need for frosting, they are that good. But I made the frosting for kids and tinted the frosting different colors...