Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 217 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir cake mix, water, eggs, and vegetable oil together in a bowl until moistened; beat the batter with an electric mixer set on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Divide cake batter into 4 equal portions in separate bowls. Tint each bowl a different color, stirring in red, green, yellow, and blue food coloring to reach desired shade.
- Set ice cream cones upright in 24 muffin cups.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoons of each colored batter into cones, leaving about 1 inch of room from the top.
- Carefully transfer cones to the preheated oven and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a filled cone comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool cupcakes thoroughly before decorating, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Notes:
- I've made these cones on numerous occasions - birthdays, holidays etc... they are a BIG hit with kids and adults. I adjust the cake colors for the occasion I am baking for (example: Christmas - red/green; Memorial Day, red/white/blue).
- If making for a bunch of kids, I like to place cones upside down in cupcake papers (looks like a melted ice cream cone).
Per Serving: 217 calories; 9.5 g fat; 31.6 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 190 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
This turned out pretty good. Made this for a birthday party. Kids enjoyed it!
I made this for guests with 4 kids. Between 6 kids and 2 adults, we are 18 slices. I used sourdough bread and was aaamazing!