Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 420 cals
- Place a prosciutto slice on each chicken breast. Trim prosciutto to fit inside the chicken breast with a 1/2-inch border of chicken.
- Place 2 slices mango in the center of each prosciutto slice.
- Roll the chicken breast lengthwise to completely enclose the mango and prosciutto. Tuck and pinch the ends to seal rolls tightly.
- Arrange chicken rolls on a baking sheet and refrigerate until very firm, about 30 minutes.
- Combine flour, salt, curry powder, black pepper, and thyme in a bowl. Pour mixture onto a plate.
- Pour beaten eggs onto a separate plate.
- Sprinkle coconut onto a third plate.
- Slice chicken rolls into 1 to 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Roll chicken in the flour mixture and shake off any excess flour.
- Coat chicken in the beaten egg until completely covered; allow excess egg to drip off.
- Roll chicken in coconut.
- Arrange the coated chicken rolls on a plate in a single layer. Cover and refrigerate to allow coating to set, 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Heat enough vegetable oil in a deep, heavy skillet to immerse chicken rolls. Turn heat to medium.
- Fry half the chicken rolls in the hot oil until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken rolls with a slotted spoon and drain on several layers of paper towels. Repeat with remaining chicken rolls.
- Place chicken rolls on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, about 10 minutes.
- Splash chicken rolls with lime juice and serve alongside lime wedges.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 420 calories; 30 g fat; 22.1 g carbohydrates; 17.9 g protein; 83 mg cholesterol; 270 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This meal was surprisingly tasty. I was pretty sure I would like it because of the chicken, prosciutto, and seasonings, but I had my doubts about the mango and coconut. The coconut surprisingl...
Followed it exactly except I couldn't find unsweetened coconut shavings so I did sweetened and the mangos weren't really ripe. I guess it still all balanced out