Root Veggie Crisps with Greek Yogurt Dip
"My better half could not eat potatoes for a year (it's a long story), and used to make her own potato chips (crisps) from other sources, such as sweet potatoes and beets. The secret to this recipe is to slice the vegetables ultra thin. I use a mandolin or the slicing blade on my food processor. This makes a unique appetizer for a Super Bowl party!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 275
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 360 degrees F (182 degrees C).
- Carefully fry beet, sweet potato, turnip, parsnip, and golden beet slices in the hot oil, working in batches, until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove vegetable chips with a slotted spoon and transfer to paper towels to drain. Allow to dry and cool.
- Season chips with sea salt, cracked black pepper, and malt vinegar to taste.
- Combine yogurt, parsley, mint, garlic, and green onions together in a bowl. Stir lemon juice, salt, and white pepper into yogurt mixture to your taste preference.
You might also like
Per Serving: 275 calories; 18.2 25 4.6 8 124 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I only tried the dip...it only tasted of Parsley. I tried adding more to it, but couldn't fix it