Leek and Potato Soup with Shrimp and Corn
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 35 m servings 274
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Cook and stir bacon in a skillet over medium heat until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon on a paper towel-lined plate, reserving about 1 tablespoon bacon grease in the skillet.
- Cook and stir leeks and celery in bacon grease over medium heat until leeks soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir garlic into leek mixture until fragrant, about 2 minutes more. Transfer mixture to a slow cooker.
- Place drained bacon, potatoes, chicken broth, 2 cups water, dried thyme, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper in the slow cooker.
- Tie sprigs of fresh thyme together with kitchen string and add to the slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 4 hours; add corn and cook for 1 more hour.
- Reduce heat to Low; stir in milk and cook uncovered until slightly thickened, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water a boil. Cook tiger shrimp in boiling water until they are bright pink and no longer translucent in the center, about 3 minutes. Drain. Allow shrimp to cool slightly before peeling.
- Mix cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water in a bowl until combined.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into slow cooker and heat until the soup thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Stir peeled shrimp and parsley into soup. Remove fresh thyme sprigs and season soup with salt and black pepper before serving.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 274 calories; 7.2 39.1 15 77 310 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made this with scallops instead of shrimp on a rainy day and it was a big hit. Not a drop left in the pot!