Ingredients30 m servings 347
- Cook ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium heat until beef is completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain excess grease from the skillet.
- While beef cooks, stir taco seasoning mix into water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir taco seasoning mixture into ground beef and onion mixture; simmer on medium-low heat while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Stir refried beans and cubed process cheese food together in a separate small saucepan over medium-low heat; cook and stir until cheese food has melted completely into the beans, about 10 minutes.
- Divide refried bean mixture between flour tortillas; spread into an even layer to cover one side completely.
- Wrap tortillas around the crisp taco shells, using bean mixture to stick the tortillas to the shells.
- Spoon seasoned ground beef into the taco shells.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 347 calories; 16 31.9 17.5 49 801 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
I submitted this recipe but the editors must have changed it. I never cook the taco seasoning and water separate from the meat! I brown the meat, drain it, and add the seasoning/water in with it...
Great recipe and a fabulous combination of crunchy and soft! I followed the submitter's advice for the cooking instructions... I used lean ground beef and for the seasoning I used "Seasoning F...
I don't know why allrecipes does that, change your submitted recipe. I've seen that on other recipes before and the submitter has to come on and restate the original steps because someone in the...
Yum! Couldn't get many takers on the double taco at our taco bar, but those that had it loved it! Our people tonight just didn't have taste buds for anything fun and unusual! Will serve it next ...
Never thought to stick tortillas to taco shells but it worked nicely. We even used regular shredded cheddar cheese instead of velveeta. Tasted great!
This was very good. I liked the contrast between the soft flour tortilla and the crispy corn shell inside. It was easier to eat then a regular taco since when the shell broke during eating, none...
These were tasty double tacos! I used the super size hard taco shells and the fajita size flour tortillas and they were a perfect fit. Much more filling than a typical taco. Thanks for sharin...