Mom's Easter Potato-Zucchini Casserole
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 329 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease an 8x10-inch casserole dish.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large pot over medium heat; stir in flour until smooth and let the paste simmer for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually whisk in milk, about 1/2 cup at a time, and bring to a simmer. Whisk constantly until sauce is smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in cream cheese and Swiss cheese until melted; stir in salt and nutmeg.
- Mix hash brown potatoes and zucchini into the cheese mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer potato mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling, about 35 minutes.
- Mix 1 tablespoon melted butter and bread crumbs together in a bowl. Sprinkle topping over the casserole and return to oven; bake until topping is lightly golden brown, 10 to 15 more minutes.
Per Serving: 329 calories; 23.4 g fat; 20.1 g carbohydrates; 10.5 g protein; 71 mg cholesterol; 631 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was sooo good! Very creamy. I added a little diced ham and used canned diced potatoes but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Delicious!!!