Ingredients4 h 45 m servings 677
- Place chipotle peppers, brown sugar, pineapple, nutmeg, ginger, and bourbon whiskey in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Use a sharp knife to make diagonal cuts in the ham about 1 inch apart and 1/2 inch deep in a diamond pattern. Place smoked ham in a large bowl; pour the chipotle marinade over the ham and refrigerate ham in marinade for 3 to 6 hours, turning ham occasionally in the marinade to flavor all sides.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Remove ham from marinade, reserving the marinade; place ham into a roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Bring the marinade to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until smooth; whisk the mixture into the hot marinade. Reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- After ham has baked for 30 minutes, spoon the hot marinade over the ham.
- Return ham to oven and continue baking until glaze is baked onto the ham and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the ham, not touching bone, reads at least 145 degrees F (65 degrees C), about 1 1/2 more hours. Baste ham with the glaze every 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Important! It's gonna be really spicy if you don't de-seed the chipotle peppers. I usually deseed all the peppers. If I want it spicy, I leave a couple peppers with their seeds intact.
Per Serving: 677 calories; 42.3 28.3 42.1 127 2966 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This is not your typical topical pineapple sauce, but rather a spicy, sweet, smokey treat. I didn't seed the chipolte peppers because we like really spicy and I reduced the suger by 1/4, threw ...
For us, this is a 5 star recipe, only if the chipotle peppers are reduced. For us, a whole can would be way too much heat. I added them to taste until the right flavor was achieved (for us it ...
Fabulous recipe! I made this for some guests who are not too adventurous when it comes to heat... so I cut down the amount of chipotle I used and I did de seed the peppers. They LOVED it and eve...