Baked Avocado Tacos
Ingredients50 m servings 414
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl.
- Beat milk, eggs, and garlic together in a separate bowl until smooth.
- Dip each slice of avocado into flour mixture. Dip the avocado slice into the egg mixture, letting the excess egg drip back into the egg bowl, then dip the slice back into flour mixture. Repeat with remaining avocado slices.
- Arrange coated avocado slices in the prepared baking dish. Spray the tops of the slices with more cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the coating is browned, about 20 minutes. Check for doneness after 15 minutes; rotate the pan once during baking if slices are browning unevenly.
- Stack corn tortillas on a microwave-safe dish with a piece of parchment paper between each tortilla. Heat in the microwave until hot and pliable, about 1 minute.
- Place a heated tortilla onto a work surface; top with chopped cabbage. Place an avocado slice on the cabbage; top taco with cherry tomato halves and shredded Cheddar cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- For extra flavor, top each taco with a dollop of taco sauce and sour cream.
- Cook's Note:
- If your corn tortillas are large, go ahead and use two pieces of avocado per taco. Just cut back on the overall amount of corn tortillas by half.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 414 calories; 15.5 59.5 12.9 60 511 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
OH YUM! First I have to say that I am absolute fan of the avocado being cook this way. It was soooo good that I could've just eaten it like that w/ a dipping sauce, lol. Ok, back to the taco...t...
I followed your recipe exact and the avocado didn't brown up and really felt this recipe needs some work.
Loved the baked avocado idea, but as a whole, these didn't make the favorites list.
The idea is amazing, but mine just didn't hold. I am new to cooking so I may have messed this up, but the coating was just bland and clumpy and didn't brown. However, I changed the toppings and ...