GlendaLee's Black-Eye Pea Salad
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 340 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place black-eyed peas, onion, green bell pepper, tomato, mayonnaise, canola oil, white vinegar, sugar, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl; stir to evenly distribute mayonnaise.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- Toss cabbage into black-eyed pea mixture just before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- Adjust the dressing to your taste. I like it just a little tart with a hint of the mayonnaise.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 340 calories; 21.3 g fat; 30 g carbohydrates; 9.4 g protein; 8 mg cholesterol; 640 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I switched some of the vegetables around, using chopped carrots and celery in place of the green pepper, and omitted the sugar. I really enjoyed having the cabbage in this salad! Great recipe!