Ingredients50 m servings 372
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add rutabaga and boil until tender, about 30 minutes; drain.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Pour heavy cream into melted butter and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Stir Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, and salt into cream until cheese is completely melted, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in egg yolk; simmer until sauce is thickened, about 3 more minutes, whisking constantly.
- Mix rutabaga into the sauce until well coated.
Per Serving: 372 calories; 34.7 10.1 6.9 163 275 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Amazing. I microwaved the rutabaga probably for 6 minutes and used a parmesan/mozarella grated cheese mix. I also skipped the egg, since we were out, but it worked out fine! I'm holding mysel...
Even my husband liked it!! I mashed it with the beaters though. It tasted like cheesy cauliflower soup. I used 2% milk instead of whipping cream. Much better than I expected!
This was delicious! I cit the cream in half and used two per cent milk to make up the amount. Other than that, exactly as written. Wonderful recipe!
First time eating rutabaga and it was fantastic! Never knew how good this vegetable was! The sauce is pretty rich, I didn't need half of it on my plate alone, LOL. I thought it had a good flavor...