Hearty Cabbage-Rutabaga Slow Cooker Soup
Ingredients5 h 25 m servings 236 cals
- Place cabbage, rutabaga, orzo pasta, onion, garlic, dill, water, and vegetable broth in a slow cooker.
- Cover the cooker and cook on Low until vegetables are tender and soup is thickened, 5 to 9 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- For extra ease: use pre-chopped garlic and powdered/cubed broth. If using powdered broth, increase the water to 8 cups and just throw in the powder.
- Also consider throwing all of the ingredients (minus water and prepared broth) into the crock of your slow cooker the night before and keep it in the fridge overnight. Then just add water and turn on your slow cooker when you wake up in the morning.
- Extra delicious with homemade biscuits. This soup should freeze well, though it has never lasted long enough in my house for me to try it!
- Feel free to substitute barley or rice in the place of orzo.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 236 calories; 1.1 g fat; 48.9 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; < 1 mg cholesterol; 182 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I was so excited about this recipe, that I actually went to 4 different markets (Trader Joe's didn't have rutabaga, Whole Foods didn't have parking, Ralph's didn't have dill). Love all the ingr...
I am sick with bronchitis and wanted no more chicken noodle anything. This was okay but relatively tasteless as I knew it might be so added some salt and pepper and doubled the garlic. If one ...