Red and White Velvet Cookies
Duncan Hines® Canada
"An elegant, crisp, buttery red velvet cookie with a delicious white chocolate contrast."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients42 m servings 107 cals
Original recipe yields 48 servings (48 cookies)
- Melt butter; set aside to cool. Place cake mix, egg, cooled butter and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Mix by hand until well blended and dough is formed.
- Form dough into a smooth 12-inch log on wax paper or parchment making sure it is even in thickness end to end. Wrap in wax paper; seal in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheets. Unwrap dough log and set on wax paper. Using a sharp knife, cut into 48 slices about 1/4-inch thick. Place on cool baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake, 1 sheet at a time, in center of oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Make dip by placing pieces of baking bar in small, DRY, microwave-safe bowl along with shortening. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir to blend. If needed, continue to microwave in 30-second intervals. Blend each time. Avoid overheating.
- Dip each cookie into chocolate to coat half of cookie. Place on wax paper or parchment-lined sheets and refrigerate about 15 minutes or until dip is set. Store in airtight container with wax paper or parchment separating layers.
- For best results, bake only one sheet of cookies at a time. If two are baked at time, rotate sheets midway through baking.
- For variation, top white chocolate with chopped pistachios or pecans, crushed peppermint candies, crushed pretzels, praline crunch, colored sugar or other cookie decorations before it is set.
- Do NOT thin white chocolate with butter, margarine or water. Moisture will cause the chocolate to seize or tighten.
- Place melted white chocolate in a freezer-weight zippered plastic bag. Snip a very small hole from bottom corner and drizzle white chocolate over top of cookie in place of dipping half of cookie.
Per Serving: 107 calories; 5.8 g fat; 13 g carbohydrates; 1.1 g protein; 10 mg cholesterol; 87 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1