Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 426 cals
- Bake cupcakes as directed and let cool completely.
- Using a paring knife, cut a small inverted cone out of top center of cupcake. Cut no more than 2/3 of the way down into cupcake.
- Fill the empty space in cupcake with lemon curd (about 1 teaspoon).
- Using a fine grater, take off the yellow zest of the entire lemon.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze juice into a small bowl.
- Add lemon zest to the frosting.
- Start by adding 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to frosting. Mix and taste. If you want a stronger lemon flavor, begin adding more a 1/2 teaspoon at a time to taste.
- Add a drop of yellow food color to frosting and mix in thoroughly.
- Frost cupcakes and serve. For a more decorative finish, utilize a pastry bag to frost your cupcakes.
Per Serving: 426 calories; 16.6 g fat; 70 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 54 mg cholesterol; 333 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I don't think ducan hines was a good choice for the cupcake batter but as for the lemon part it was really good
Great idea for a summery treat! I didn't use the brand specific items and made a basic chocolate cake from scratch, but it's the idea of filling with lemon curd and adding the lemon to the frost...