Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 362 cals
Original recipe yields 14 servings (14 cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cake mix as directed. You will have your cake batter in one bowl and filling (from pouch in cake mix package) in a second bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to cake batter and mix well.
- Spoon cake batter into prepared cupcake liners and pan. Fill cupcake tins no more than half full. Spoon 1 teaspoon of filling on top of the batter in the tins. Cover filling with a tablespoon of batter. Your tins should now be 2/3 full.
- Bake cupcakes as directed and cool completely.
- Prepare frosting by adding 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to each container of frosting that you use. Mix completely and frost cupcakes. For a more decorative look, utilize a frosting bag to frost cupcakes.
Per Serving: 362 calories; 15.7 g fat; 53.9 g carbohydrates; 4.3 g protein; 40 mg cholesterol; 342 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I tasted the batter and the spices were evident and even a tad bit spicy. After baking it however no one could tell there was anything different about these cupcakes from just plain chocolate cu...