Apple Caramel Bars
Duncan Hines® Canada
"We're pretty sure that this is the reason Johnny Appleseed got into the apple tree planting business--so that you could mix them with caramel and peanuts and make these delicious bars. Make these tasty treats at home with a little help from Duncan Hines and other items found in the baking section of your grocery store."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 239 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 bars)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In small sauce pan, melt brown sugar, corn syrup and butter on medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl add the cake mix, nuts, oatmeal and egg. Mix by hand until blended. Mix caramel pouch as directed and stir in 1/2 cup peanuts.
- Pour in the melted brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter mixture. Stir until well mixed. Stir in caramel pouch with peanuts.
- Spread evenly into a 9x13 inch, lightly greased baking pan. Press remaining peanuts onto surface of cake. Bake for 30-35mins.
- Remove from oven and immediately press down on surface of hot cooked bars with spatula. Cool and refrigerate before cutting.
Per Serving: 239 calories; 11 g fat; 32.9 g carbohydrates; 3.6 g protein; 21 mg cholesterol; 227 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1