Medium Cheddar Cheese Sauce (Live, Raw, and Vegan)
Lady Miss Jme
Ingredients12 h 20 m servings 174 cals
- Place cashews in a large bowl. Pour enough water over cashews to cover.
- Cover the bowl and soak cashews overnight, at least 12 hours.
- Drain the water from cashews; place cashews in a blender. For a tangier cheddar flavor add 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice to cashews. Pour enough water to come to 1/4-inch below of the top of the cashews. Blend until partially smooth.
- Place nutritional yeast, onion, sunflower seed oil, salt, garlic powder, tamari sauce, turmeric, and cayenne pepper in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Cook's note:
- Vary thickness of sauce by increasing or decreasing water.
Per Serving: 174 calories; 12.7 g fat; 11 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 334 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Five stars from a non cheese lover. I am not vegan, just not a big fan of cheese-especially cheddar. I do not like cheese on my veggies and if I can find a way to keep cheese out of my recipes, ...
I will make it again and use less water. The flavor is excellent but I wished I'd remember the cook's note about varying the amount of water before adding the water to the blender. Still, it's v...
So so, ok but not as good as the reviews indicated. I can say it was edible. But I would not make it again.