Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 379
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat lemon cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs in a large bowl for 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about 2/3 full.
- Bake cupcakes in the preheated oven until very lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes. Cool cupcakes thoroughly.
- Cut vegetable shortening and 1/4 cup butter together in a bowl with a pastry cutter until well mixed. Beat lemon juice into shortening mixture until creamy.
- Stir 2 cups confectioners' sugar into shortening mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, until the filling is smooth. Set filling aside.
- Place white chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave on High for 15 seconds and stir chocolate. Continue heating in 15-second intervals, stirring between heating until white chocolate is melted and smooth.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter together in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Stir in melted white chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in 4 cups confectioners' sugar, alternating with drizzles of orange juice, to make a smooth and creamy frosting.
- Cut holes through the top of each cupcake. Holes should be deep enough to put filling inside.
- Spoon lemon filling into the holes.
- Pipe the cream cheese frosting on top of cupcakes; sprinkle with lemon zest.
Per Serving: 379 calories; 19 50.4 3.2 55 237 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
I made these for Easter this year and they went over really well. I think next time I will use a little more lemon flavor in the topping. As a side note, I used some of those lemon gummy candies...
I made these for a bridal shower and everyone LOVED them. I did add a little lemon zest in the frosting rather then just the top. I topped them with crushed up lemon head candy.
My daughter said that she wanted lemon cupcakes for her birthday, so I found this recipe. Everyone loved the cupcakes and even went back for seconds, which is unusual in our house! I used about ...
I made these for a family get together and everyone loved them! I wouldn't make any changes.
This rating is for the filling and the icing, not the cake. The filling is truly delightful and a lovely surprise when you bite into the cupcake. I might use a plainer frosting next time - to ...
Absolutely delicious. I didn't change anything, but I did add yellow food coloring to the filling, just for effect. I also put plenty of lemon zest on top, but that was just for appearances. The...
These cupcakes are so good. I made them for my birthday and everyone loved them
I used orange extract and lemon juice for the icing (to taste) and made the flavor perfect with the whole cupcake. The icing was fluffy and extremely well balanced, and it all went together SO ...