Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 379
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat lemon cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs in a large bowl for 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about 2/3 full.
- Bake cupcakes in the preheated oven until very lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes. Cool cupcakes thoroughly.
- Cut vegetable shortening and 1/4 cup butter together in a bowl with a pastry cutter until well mixed. Beat lemon juice into shortening mixture until creamy.
- Stir 2 cups confectioners' sugar into shortening mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, until the filling is smooth. Set filling aside.
- Place white chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave on High for 15 seconds and stir chocolate. Continue heating in 15-second intervals, stirring between heating until white chocolate is melted and smooth.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter together in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Stir in melted white chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in 4 cups confectioners' sugar, alternating with drizzles of orange juice, to make a smooth and creamy frosting.
- Cut holes through the top of each cupcake. Holes should be deep enough to put filling inside.
- Spoon lemon filling into the holes.
- Pipe the cream cheese frosting on top of cupcakes; sprinkle with lemon zest.
Per Serving: 379 calories; 19 50.4 3.2 55 237 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
I made these for Easter this year and they went over really well. I think next time I will use a little more lemon flavor in the topping. As a side note, I used some of those lemon gummy candies...
I made these for a bridal shower and everyone LOVED them. I did add a little lemon zest in the frosting rather then just the top. I topped them with crushed up lemon head candy.
My daughter said that she wanted lemon cupcakes for her birthday, so I found this recipe. Everyone loved the cupcakes and even went back for seconds, which is unusual in our house! I used about ...
I made these for a family get together and everyone loved them! I wouldn't make any changes.
This rating is for the filling and the icing, not the cake. The filling is truly delightful and a lovely surprise when you bite into the cupcake. I might use a plainer frosting next time - to ...
Absolutely delicious. I didn't change anything, but I did add yellow food coloring to the filling, just for effect. I also put plenty of lemon zest on top, but that was just for appearances. The...
Love these! I add crushed lemon drops to the top. Every time I make them people love them!
I followed this recipe as directed. Made for my family gathering for Easter. Big hit with lots of compliments. Only change to make would be to reduce the orange juice as a bit too much and ne...