Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 246
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray 24 muffin cups with cooking spray; line cups with paper liners.
- Beat yellow cake mix, instant French vanilla pudding mix, milk, vegetable oil, and eggs in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer until all the cake mix is moistened and there are no dry spots in the batter. Scrape the bowl and stir one more time.
- Fill prepared muffin cups about half full of batter.
- Bake cupcakes in preheated oven until lightly golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. A cake tester or toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake should come out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool.
- Cut a plug about 1 1/2 inches long and 3/4 inch in diameter out of the center of each cupcake.
- Fill the opening with raspberry jam.
- Sprinkle cupcakes lightly with confectioners' sugar.
- Cook's Note:
- I personally think that cutting plugs out of the cupcakes would be an easier method, as when I tried piping, it was a sticky nightmare. Perhaps it was just my lack of experience. This whole cooking/baking is just a hobby, after all.
Per Serving: 246 calories; 12.9 31 2.3 32 216 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 25
Using a boxed cake mix and a cupcake corer made this soooo easy. Switch out the cake mix flavor and jams (or maybe with lemon curd) for a totally different cupcake. Perhaps dip the top of the ...
I've made these before in non-stick MINI muffin pans. I didn't need paper liners. I put 1/2 batter, then about 1/2 tsp different jams and/or lemon curd, then batter. I sprinkled them with granu...
I have done this as well but i use can pie fillings and bake it right into the cupcakes put batter in spoon some pie filling on top then more batter on top of filling same results
I have made this recipe 4 times in the last month for diffrent people and eveyone loves them very much one friend ask my to make them again next week. I would give this a 5 star rating because ...
These are easy to make, pretty to look at, and delicious. Good for potluck dinners. PS: I used my strawberry huller to take out the middle part; it works like a charm.
This is such a great recipe!! So good and so easy!! I made half with my homemade apricot jam and half w/cherry pie filling that I put in my food processor. I also didn't want to throw away t...
Even better with cheese danish filling or almond paste, and drizzled with chocolate.
These are delicious! 5 stars were given to this by friends we shared these with. They are a great "muffin donut" with huge flavor and so easy to make. I made a glaze and drizzled it over the top.