Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 211
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Place chocolate cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until thoroughly combined, about 2 minutes.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 19 to 23 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool thoroughly.
- Beat the 2 packages of pudding mix with milk in a bowl using an electric mixer until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Beat thawed whipped topping into pudding mixture to make a creamy filling.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 cup chocolate pudding filling into a pastry bag fitted with a large piping tip.
- Press the piping tip into the center of each cupcake and fill cupcake with about 1 1/2 tablespoon of pudding mixture.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of remaining pudding mixture about 1 1/2 inches across into the center of each cupcake to make a nest. Press chocolate sprinkles into edges of the nests; place 3 mini chocolate eggs into each nest.
- Cook's Note:
- Use any flavor cake mix that goes well with chocolate.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 211 calories; 10 28.7 3.2 25 329 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
As the submitter of this simple but fun cupcake idea, I have to say there seems to be one typo and that is, you will need about one tablespoon of sprinkles per cupcake, not just one tablespoon t...
What a wonderful cupcake! I made these this afternoon with my little guy and we had a blast. The creamy filling/frosting is absolutely delicious and I definitely will be using it for other cup...
These were definately a hit with my family and kiddos. Made a Duncan Hines devils food cake and for the frosting, I used sugar free/fat free chocolate pudding, skim milk and fat free whipped top...
idea and appearance for sure gets a 5 - - taste is a 3, so i will round out a 4. boxed cake mix and pudding do not make a great cupcake imho.... i made it for the kids for our easter dessert ta...
I used the birds nest idea for fun. I didn't turn out how I had planned, but overall a great idea!