Creamy Baked Penne and Cheese
made it | 0 reviews |
Philadelphia Cooking Creme
"In this easy family favorite, penne pasta is baked in a creamy, cheesy sauce under a crispy topping of rye bread cubes."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients15 m servings 495 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Drain pasta, reserving 1/3 cup cooking water.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onions and thyme; cook and stir 5 min. Add reserved cooking water, Cooking Creme and cheeses; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until cheeses are melted. Add pasta; mix lightly. Transfer to 9-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Drizzle remaining oil over bread cubes; toss to coat. Sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- Bake 12 min. or until pasta mixture is heated through and bread topping is golden brown.
- Variation: For individual servings, spoon pasta mixture into 4 (1-cup) baking dishes sprayed with cooking spray instead of the 9-inch square baking dish. Top with bread cube topping, then bake as directed.
Per Serving: 495 calories; 24.6 g fat; 51.4 g carbohydrates; 17.4 g protein; 51 mg cholesterol; 619 mg sodium. Full nutrition