Vegetable Rice Pilaf in the Rice Cooker
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 358 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Dissolve 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon in 3 1/2 cups water in a rice cooker.
- Stir rice, baby bok choy, green onions, carrot, and mushrooms into the bouillon and water mixture.
- Start rice cooker and cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 50 minutes.
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl; transfer mixture to a blender.
- Scoop about 1 cup of the rice mixture into the blender with the bouillon mixture; process until mixture becomes a thin paste, adding more water as needed.
- Mix the rice paste with the remaining cooked vegetables and rice until thoroughly combined.
- Season with black pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- Cooking time will vary depending on your rice cooker. Mine had it done in about 50 minutes, which gave me ample time to cook other things.
- When making the paste, you can substitute the 1/4 cup water with sour cream, butter, softened cream cheese, etc. for various flavors. Add water as necessary to make the slightly thin paste, though.
Per Serving: 358 calories; 1 g fat; 77.5 g carbohydrates; 8.3 g protein; < 1 mg cholesterol; 303 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was simple and easy... but I would half the rice, double the veggies, and use a tad more liquid than the recipe said to use. We're trying to lower our cholesterol, so the more veggies I ca...