Ingredients7 h 45 m servings 355 cals
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir diced ham in hot skillet until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer ham to a slow cooker.
- Place black beans, great Northern beans, artichoke hearts, baby corn, mushrooms, green chilies, celery, potatoes, carrot, leek, garlic, rosemary, parsley, thyme, brown sugar, Creole seasoning, white pepper, black pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, and red wine in the slow cooker.
- Pour enough water in the slow cooker to cover all the ingredients.
- Heat slow cooker on High until boiling; reduce heat to Low and cook about 7 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- For a lower-fat version, strain solids out. Refrigerate solids and liquid separately overnight. Skim off fat from liquid. Recombine and keep refrigerated until ready to heat an serve.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 355 calories; 7.8 g fat; 52.8 g carbohydrates; 19.5 g protein; 21 mg cholesterol; 1766 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I left out the mushrooms, leeks, chilis, and artichokes. I had to reduce the potato, carrot and celery to one each due to the size of my crock pot.
Really easy and good recipe. I did omit the mushrooms and leeks. It is a bit on the spicy side and my kids did not like only for that reason. Next time I will not add the green chilis and chili ...
Quite good with some modifications, mostly because of what I had on hand. Ingredient changes were: 1.5# sliced ham, fresh mushrooms, a slightly larger can of green chilies, 3 carrots, 2T Italia...
This was an interesting recipe. I had to leave out the potatoes and mushrooms due to my husband's preference and the rest of the ingredients filled my crock pot to the top! (I have a 6 qt one) s...