Ingredients55 m servings 167
- Place the potatoes into a small pot with enough water to cover; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, place a cover on the pot, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer to a bowl; add the sour cream and mash lightly; scrape into the bowl of a blender.
- Cut asparagus into 3 parts: woody ends, tips, and center pieces.
- Combine the woody ends of the asparagus with the vegetable broth in a stockpot; bring to a boil and cook until the woody ends are tender. Remove woody ends with a slotted spoon and discard.
- Remove 2 tablespoons broth to a bowl with the asparagus tips. Transfer remainder of stock to blender with the potatoes.
- Chop the middle segments of the asparagus.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over low-heat; cook and stir the chopped asparagus, chopped onion, and 2 crushed cloves garlic in the hot oil until the asparagus is tender, about 10 minutes. Add to the broth in the blender, reserving oil in the skillet.
- Blend the mixture in the blender on high until smooth and creamy; return to the stockpot.
- Cook and stir the sliced mushrooms and 1 crushed garlic clove in the remaining oil over medium-low heat until the mushrooms soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the white wine; cook another 1 to 2 minutes. Stir the mushroom mixture into the soup.
- Heat the asparagus tips and broth in the microwave for 2 minutes; stir into the soup.
- Season the soup with cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
Per Serving: 167 calories; 5.3 23.7 6 2 485 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made with my own homemade 4 cups vegetable and 2 cups chicken broth. To make clean up easier and because my blender can't hold six cups at one time, I used my hand beaters to whip the potatoes...
Very flavorful and not too rich. I substituted Fage non-fat greek yogurt for the sour cream which was great.
I used bone broth and chicken broth for the liquid, otherwise followed the recipe. My family loved this soup.